These days I’m doing Functional Movement System training 5 days a week and doing 15-20 hours of massage per week. Just had my 62nd birthday, and I’m feeling pretty darn good! Illness, including even seasonal allergies, seems to be avoiding me.
To keep my energy levels high and to feel great, I’m making a green drink each morning. Here’s what I put in it*:
- A small handful of berries. I used blueberries today. They contribute to brain health.
- Another fruit or combination, like apple, banana, or pineapple. I find green drinks most palatable when just mildly sweet. Avocado is good, too.
- Greens. I add a big handful of power greens (chard, kale, mizuna, and arugula), enough to cover a dinner plate well. They add vitamins and minerals and fiber and other healthy benefits.
- A chunk of ginger root the size of the end of my thumb, for digestive health.
- Same size chunk of turmeric root, an anti-inflammatory.
- A bit of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, up to a tablespoon, for alkalinity, nutrients, and to keep candida levels down (if I haven’t already drunk it in a glass of water).
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil for energy.
- A half scoop of whey powder for protein. (I use a half scoop because I am small.)
- 12-14 ounces of filtered water.